Whether you are a loved one need help, here are the most important facts that you need to know about addiction treatment centers.
1. According to a survey conducted in 2011, 30 percent of men 12 and older and 13.9 percent of women reported binge drinking, which is defined as ingesting five or more drinks on the same occasion, in the past month.
2. Did you know that the use of cocaine and methamphetamine has been on the decline sine 2006? Part of the reasons for this could be as a result of the rising popularity if other drugs however.
3. Alcohol addiction detox is the first step in a process of recovery from addiction and is best undertaken at alcohol detox centers under the supervision of professionals. Quite a few problems can arise during alcohol or drug rehab and having a trained physician around is only a good idea.
4. There are three main steps involved in the process of detoxification. The are evaluation, stabilization, and transfer into an addiction rehab treatment program.
5. Some of the more serious drugs that may require detoxification, at places like a cocaine addiction treatment center, include but are not limited to oxycodone, heroin, oxycontin, morphine, and cocaine. For more information see this.