Have you been thinking about having some work done on your mouth? Whether you are thinking about doing something relitivly harmmless like having your teeth whitened or you need something more serious like dental implant surgery, here are a few facts that you need to know before making an appointment with a cosmetic dentist.
1. Contrary to popular belief, as a result of the innovation that you will find dentists use these days, root canals are usually no more painful than having a filling. If you have been putting one off, make sure you make an appointment to have it taken care of before you need to make an appointment for a dental implant procedure instead.
2. Did you know that gingivitis is a form of gum disease that is both preventable and reversible? It is also one of the most common diseases in the United States.
3. About 100 years ago, as many as half of all of the adults in North America were toothless. Thanks to improved dental care and awareness, fewer than 10 percent of adults over age 65 have lost any teeth at all.
4. Dental implant surgery has a success rate of up to 98 percent and the implants cab even last a lifetime with proper care. This means that you will not have to worry about having to undergo any surgeries to have them fixed later on in life.
5. Toothpastes and tooth powders came into general use in the 19th century, but the early Romans and Greeks used crushed bone and oyster shells as abrasive ingredients in tooth cleaning substances. More.